When I think of pasta, I think of Aziz Ansari and his ridiculous obsession with pasta.
Well I meant it isn’t that ridiculous because pasta is worth obsessing over – especially
this recipe. All you people who are scared to cook or feel like you don’t
have the right skills… THAT STOPS HERE. You are capable of making
good food! And there’s no better way to learn than by trying.
Also you will be in a food coma similar to Aziz’s pictured to the left. I mean come on.
1 package of your favourite noodles (spaghetti, capellini, linguine, angel hair, whole wheat or gluten free; whatever you fancy. It just needs to be a long noodle- I’m choosing fettucine)
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/2 of a shallot (they’re like onions but better)
1/4 cup of high quality extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 lb of raw chicken breast, cut into small 1/2 inch chunks
2 cups of cooked broccoli
2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
1 pint of half & half
3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup of pecorino romano
2 tbsp dried basil
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder
- Pour a glass of wine. Take a sip of wine. Enjoy the wine and smile.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Cook the noodles for about 10 minutes in the broth (or what the package states).
- Stir the noodles with tongs every minute or so to prevent the noodles from sticking to one another or the pot. You will notice they cook differently in the broth than when using normal water.
- While the noodles are cooking, get your non-stick skillet and put it on the stove at a medium temperature.
- Throw in most of the olive oil (leaving a little to drizzle at the end) and the chopped garlic and shallots. Let those bad boys mingle and stir them around a little bit until it is fragrant and slightly roasted (about 2 minutes).
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes. Then add your cooked broccoli (or veggie of choice) to the chicken in the pan.
- Saute for 4- 5 minutes so the flavours can continue mingling.
- Take a sip of wine because you are halfway through and you DESERVE it.
- Don’t forget about your noodles!!!! The best part about this recipe is there is no strainer needed! Instead, you’ll add the sauce ingredients straight to the pot. Just remove the noodles with your tongs.The sauce is what makes this dish spectacular. But guess what? You are also spectacular.
- Keep the pot on a low temperature. Add the half & half S L O W L Y, stirring constantly with the tongs. Add all the seasonings. S LO W L Y start adding the shredded cheese.GRAB A GLASS OF WINE AND PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK. YOU ARE ALMOST DONE! YOU CAN DO THIS!
- At minute 7 or 8, the sauce should be thickened and almost ready to serve. Be careful not to let the sauce burn by constantly stirring and lowering the heat if it starts sticking. Let the sauce cool for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, broccoli, noodles and toss it all together.
- BOOM BABY. You are done and you should be VERY proud of yourself. You go Glen Coco.
I always enjoy a side salad and extra grated cheese with my pasta. You know, to be healthy or something. I would love any feedback, thoughts, opinions, feelings, and any other comments about this dish!