There are a million smoothie recipes out there and it can get confusing when figuring out what will taste good together, what textures work well, and what ingredients are needed. I’ve simplified the smoothie making process with an easy breezy recipe for you! Being healthy doesn’t have to feel like you’re back in kindergarten on the first day of school.
This smoothie will not only energize you, but it is PACKED full of nutrients to get your morning started the right way. Skipping breakfast is the WORST thing you can do to start off a day (especially you hard worker bees) so this is the perfect way to make sure you’re getting the proper energy to fuel your day!
1/2 cup of White Mountain Bulgarian yogurt
3 ripe strawberries
(you can also peel and freeze them, and then use them!)
handful of spinach
1 heaping tbsp of ground flax seed or chia seed
4 ice cubes
honey for taste
- Gather all the fruits + veggie. I had them ready the night before so that when I woke up I was ready to go.
- Put in the yogurt first, Then add the fruits + veggie. Blend on low for 1 minute.
- Stop the blender and left the lid.
- Add the flax seed or chia seed, ice cubes and honey. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Boom baby! You are done and you have a delicious nutritious breakfast! I was seriously impressed with this smoothie – it was DELICIOUS!
Let me know what you think.
Be happy and healthy my friends!