Your mouth needs this soup.
It will warm you up.
It will fill you up.
It won’t make you feel sick to your stomach like a lot of holiday/seasonal foods can do.
Since starting my new job at Nutritional Wisdom, I have been ruined. Now that I know what “real food” is, I no longer want melted fake cheese or fried meats (ok, I have cravings once in awhile because I’m human). This soup will make you feel warm and fuzzy inside without the guilt of eating 4000 calories in one sitting, making you bloated and groggy, or just grossed out with yourself.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 quart of Pomi tomato sauce
- 1 large carton of organic low sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 can of organic cannelini
- 4 large organic carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of organic celery, chopped
- 1 pound of grass-fed organic ground beef
- 1 box of chick pea noodles (Banza is a good brand)
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of white onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- several pinches of black pepper, garlic powder, red chilli flakes, basil, oregano
- fresh pecorino romano
- Add onions to a large stir-fry pan with coconut oil.
Allow to sweat (3-4 minutes) and then add the beef.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then add to the crockpot.
- Add the rest of your ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, checking every 2 hours and stirring the soup.
- Remove the bay leaves and grab a potato masher.
- Spoon about half of the cannelini beans into a small bowl and mash roughly. This will help thicken the soup without adding other junk to it. Add the semi mushed beans back to the crockpot.
- Add freshly grated pecorino romano on top. Enjoy!!
I made enough for a small army so I froze the leftovers and will be eating it intermittently throughout the winter months 🙂