Two words for you that change the pasta game: zucchini lasagna. In this dish, I use a mandolin slicer to make zucchini noodles and macadamia nuts to make ricotta! One of my clients liked this dish so much, I’m making it again for them next week. Trust me, you’ll love it too.
For the vegan ricotta:
– 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
– 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/3 cup fresh basil
– 1 tbsp dried oregano
– 1 lemon, juiced
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– salt and papper
– 1/2 cup water, more as needed
For the rest:
– Large jar of marinara
– 4 zucchini squash
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Add macadamia nuts to a food processor and mix to combine, scraping down sides as needed.
3. Add remaining ricotta ingredients to food processor and pulse.
4. Slice zucchinis lengthwise with a mandolin slicer.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup marinara sauce into a casserole pan (approximately 9×13-inch) and line with thinly sliced zucchini.
6. Scoop and spread the ricotta mixture over the zucchini. Add a layer of marinara sauce and then top with more zucchini slices. Continue until all ingredients are used.
7. Bake uncovered for 40 – 45 minutes. The zucchini should be very easily pierced when cut with a knife. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
8. Leftovers will last for about 3 days in the fridge and a month in the freezer. Enjoy!